Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cucumbers & Onions {Recipe}

A favorite holiday side dish in our family, since I was a little girl, was cucumbers and onions. Now, for family get togethers, these are my job. They are awesome all year round and perfect for a summer side. 

  

For 1 jar of Cucumbers & Onions:
  • 1/2 c white vinegar
  • 1/2 c water
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp celery salt
  • 1 medium field cucumber, sliced
  • 1/3 white onion sliced (I cut into c's)
Mix the first 6 ingredients in a large mason jar and give it a good shake, then stuff the jars to the top with cucumbers and onions. Refrigerate for 5-6 hours minimum (best is overnight), drain and serve. I can't say how long these last in the fridge, mine are all eaten within a few days if not the day I make them if it is for a holiday meal.

Pin It