Monday, December 16, 2013

Fresh off the Hook - Frosty the Snowman Crochet Woolies

Way back in October, I got a text from my 14 year old nephew. It had a pic of a giant bin of Christmas colored yarn at Michaels. He said "if we buy you this, will you make us something?".  I LOVE when the kids ask me for woolies!  The yarn they were looking at was "homespun" style, and Im not a fan of crocheting with that, so I picked up some Loops & Threads Impeccable in Christmas colors and got to work. With some inspiration from Pinterest, here is what I came up with.  I did not follow any particular patterns, and for now I don't have written patterns for these items. Maaaaaybe after Christmas I will get them written out. 

For J - boys set of hat, double loop cowl and slippers.

For M - girls set of hat, double loop cowl and slippers. 

I love that although these are Christmas colors, they are a wintery them so the kids can wear them much longer than just Christmas time.  

Closer ups of the red girls set:





Closer ups of the boys green set:





I can hardly wait to give these to the kids, they may get them early if I can't stand waiting another week ;-).

1 comment: